From: Hesham ElBakoury <Hesham.ElBakoury@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, August 9, 2012 5:47 PM
To: "STDS-802-3-EPOC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <STDS-802-3-EPOC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [802.3_EPOC] Minimal MPCP Augmentation

Through the discussions we had so far I do not see a common agreement on the definition of “minimal augmentation” to MPCP.

For example which one of the following MPCP changes are considered “Minimal” augmentation to MPCP and why:

1.       Defining a new MPCP message.

2.       Adding a new field to an existing MPCP message.

3.       Change the interpretation/definition  of existing field(s) in MPCP message.

4.       Using reserved/unused fields in existing messages.

Comments are welcome.

Thanks

Hesham