From: Marek Hajduczenia [mailto:marek.hajduczenia@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2012 15:56
To: Garavaglia, Andrea; STDS-802-3-EPOC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [802.3_EPOC] EPoC Weekly Working Group

Andrea,

One thing that we should answer is what values have all these fancy parameters that weyou put into this simplified model, like FEC delay etc. Most of them will be implementation and technology selection dependent rather than fixed. I recall such discussions in 802.3av lasted for quite some time and at the end they did not produce anything coherent, precisely because of the varied implementation designs people choose in their chips. Standard-wise, we do not prescribe them, so I wonder how we are going to compare these apples to apples.

Regards

Marek