From: Victor Blake [mailto:victorblake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2012 11:26 AM
To: Dai, Eugene (CCI-Atlanta); STDS-802-3-EPOC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [802.3_EPOC] Why multiple simultaneous MCS

Hi Eugene,

I don't think we've met, but I've been following your comments with interest.

I don't see the relationship to "multicast video." Unlike HFC today, the goal is not to FDM video and data, it's one big fat data pipe which is bandwidth managed by IP and Ethernet. Not that it's at all related to EPoC (because I don't think it is), but one strict fix for that is simply an LLID for video. That would all happen above the PHY without respect to other than the obvious fact that one cannot administrative configure an LLID to support more bandwidth than the PHY supports and that obviously one must do calculations (either in engineering or admistratively on the box - again without reference to the protocol) as to how to share the shared bandwidth (aka configuration management).

Victor R. Blake
Independent Consultant
victorblake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:victorblake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://www.victorblake.com<http://www.victorblake.com/>