From: Mark Laubach [mailto:laubach@xxxxxxxxxxxx]<mailto:[mailto:laubach@xxxxxxxxxxxx]>
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2012 12:32 PM
To: STDS-802-3-EPOC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:STDS-802-3-EPOC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [802.3_EPOC] call for presentations: P802.3bn Interim meeting 28 and 29 October, Hangzhou, China

Dear Members of the IEEE P802.3bn Task Force,

We will be meeting for two days, October 28th and 29th in Hangzhou, China.

Please refer to the IEEE 802.3 interim meeting announcements at:

http://www.ieee802.org/3/interims/index.html

Anyone who would like to deliver a presentation at the meeting is

advised to read the "Procedure for Presenters", found at:

http://www.ieee802.org/3/bn/public/presentproc.html

You will need to send me a request for presentation time no later than

Friday, October 19th, and a PDF file of the presentation (in English) no

later than the end of day on Tuesday, October 23rd.   Please make sure

that all presentations are submitted on time and that all PDF Document

information is filled out as per the instructions in the presenters information.

Agenda priority will be given to presentations that are focused on

communicating information and requirements that will help guide the

IEEE P802.3bn EPoC PHY Task Force technical selection consensus process

for considering operation on Chinese coax cable networks.  This includes,

but is not limited  to, cable operator requirements, operating environment

(e.g. channel model considerations, RF spectrum use, and more), etc.

Presentation time requests should include anticipated question and

answer time as if the presentation was delivered in one language.  Please

limit presentations to be no more than 30 minutes.   Due to  our experience

of providing simultaneous translation between English and Chinese at the

San Diego meeting in July, I will be adding 100% (doubling) the agenda time

for each presentation.  That is, a request for 30 minutes will be given one

hour.   As we only have two meeting days and 9AM to 5PM each day, it

may be necessary that some presentations be postponed to the November

IEEE 802 plenary meeting.  Hopefully we will have room for every request.

I look forward to seeing you in Hangzhou, China.

Mark Laubach, Chair
IEEE P802.3bn  EPoC PHY Task Force

Broadband Communications Group
Broadcom Corporation