[802.3_EPOC] draft agenda for Hangzhou, China interim meeting

Dear IEEE P802.3bn EPoC PHY Task Force members,

Below is a draft agenda for the upcoming P802.3bn Interim meeting in Hangzhou, China.  I've organized the presentation requests based on the stated priorities as well as conferring with the Vice Chair, Steve Shellhammer: opening/closing business, ad hoc reports, a "solution" architecture, MSO and Chinese MSO informational, RF spectrum considerations to prompt international coverage response, and then two shorter presentations on Efficiency that fit the schedule.  The remainder of the presentation requests are more technically detailed, longer, and would likely have to re-done at the November plenary when we expect to have the larger regular Task Force attendance.  These remainders have been moved to "best effort" or "slide two weeks until the November plenary", presenter's choice.   The "best effort" would be considered for presentation in Hangzhou if the schedule moves along more quickly than anticipated and if the Task Force approves.  Note, any late presentation requests would be in this same category.

All presentations on the draft agenda schedule are due to me to me by "end of day" Tuesday, 23 October, 2012, i.e. end of day tomorrow Pacific time.

Presenters who want to stay in  best effort, take until Friday end of day to get presentations turned in to me.  For a November slide "bump" by two weeks, I'm going to put out a call for presentations Tuesday/Wednesday that asks for presentation requests in by Friday, November 2nd, and actual presentations by Thursday, November 8th (extended by two days due to impact of China interim).  Anyone who bumps from China will already be pre-requested for November.  Let me know what you would like to do.  Note: Ed Boyd has already volunteered to move his presentation to the November Plenary.

Sunday, October 28

Length

Time

Mark Laubach

Broadcom

Agenda and  General Information

1:00

9:00 AM

Steve Shellhammer

Qualcomm

ad hoc report: Evaluation Criteria and Requirements

0:20

10:00 AM

Ed Boyd

Broadcom

ad hoc report: PHY Link

0:20

10:20 AM

Duane Remein

Huaweii

ad hoc report: Channel Model

0:20

10:40 AM

Break

0:10

11:00 AM

Steve Shellhammer

Qualcomm

ad hoc report: RF Spectrum

0:20

11:10 AM

David Law

HP

Potential IEEE P802.3bn architecture

0:30

11:30 AM

Ed Mallette

Brighthouse Networks

Bright House Networks Downstream SNR Characterization (DOCSIS Carriers)

0:30

12:00 PM

Lunch

1:00

12:30 PM

Eugene Dai

Cox Communications

Multiple Modulation Profiles for EPOC

1:00

1:30 PM

Yao Yong

China Radio & TV Association Technical Committee

Brief introduction on China Cable network and requirements

0:40

2:30 PM

Gao Xiaojun

Jiangsu Province Cable Network Company

Network status introduction and channel test report from JSCN

0:40

3:10 PM

Shi Jiangming

Beijing Gehua Cable Network Company

Cable network and service introduction from Gehua

0:40

3:50 PM

Break

0:15

4:30 PM

Juan Montojo, Masoud Zargari,Alex Liu

Qualcomm

EPoC Frequency Bands and Center Frequencies

0:45

4:45 PM

Bill Powell, Randy Sharpe

Alcatel-Lucent

EPoC Deployment Scenarios

1:00

5:30 PM

Duane Remein

Huawei

Efficiency

0:30

6:30 PM

Break for Day

7:00 PM

Monday, October 29

Length

Time

Marek Hajduczenia

ZTE

MAC Efficiency

0:40

9:00 AM

Hu Xiaoping

Xiangyang Cable Network, Hubei Province

Cable channel test report by XYBN

0:30

9:40 AM

Zhang Dongqing

Zhongshan Cable Network, Guangdong Province

HFC network introduction and EPOC requirements from ZSCN

0:30

10:10 AM

Break

0:15

10:40 AM

Zhang Bo

GuiZhou Province Cable TV Network Company

Spectrum planning and access network architecture from GZCTV

0:30

10:55 AM

Gao Xiaojun

Jiangsu Province Cable Network Company

EPoC Requirement from JSCN

0:30

11:25 AM

Xu Qiheng

Shanxi Province Broadcast Cable TV Network Company

Cable network introdution, EPOC requirements and expectation from SXBCTV

0:30

11:55 AM

Lunch

1:00

12:25 PM

Rujian Lin

Luster Teraband Photonics Co., Ltd.

Discussion on EPoC PHY Functions

0:40

1:25 PM

Wu Guangsheng

Huawei

Cable channel modeling based on Chinese MSO's cable network

0:30

2:05 PM

Mark Laubach

Broadcom

Closing Session

0:30

2:35 PM

Adjourn

3:05 PM

Best Effort or Slide Until November

Time with Translation

Marek Hajduczenia

ZTE

Changed to MAC and MACC in EPoC Project

0:35

Marek Hajduczenia

ZTE

PHY Bonding and Data Rate Adaptation

1:00

David Barr

Entropic

Bonding at PHY-Layer

1:30

Ed Boyd

Broadcom

Upstream Mapping

1:00

Juan Montojo, Christian Pietsch

Qualcomm

OFDM Numerology

1:30

Juan Montojo, Andrea Garavaglia and Patrick Stupar

Qualcomm

Feature Matrix and Specification impact

1:00

Yours truly,