[802.3_EPOC] IEEE P802.3bn Call for Presentations for November, San Antonio plenary meeting

Dear Members of the IEEE P802.3bn Task Force,

We will meet for two and a half days (Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday

morning) during the October IEEE 802 Plenary  meeting November 12th through 15th

in San Antonio, Texas. Please visit the Plenary meeting notice on the 802.3 website:

http://www.ieee802.org/3/

Please plan to attend both the opening and closing session of the 802.3 Working

Group on Monday afternoon and Thursday afternoon.  Members who are new

to IEEE 802, may consider attending the "Newcomers Training" on Monday AM.

Anyone who would like to deliver a presentation at the P802.3bn TF meeting is

advised to read the "Procedure for Presenters", found at:

http://www.ieee802.org/3/bn/public/presentproc.html

Specifically, please provide the following information:

  *   Name of presenter
  *   Title of presentation
  *   Length of time requested (this should include time for questions
and answers, please limit to a maximum of 30 minutes)
  *   Brief description of topic

You will need to send me a request for presentation time no later than

Friday, November 2nd end-of-day, and a PDF file of the presentation no later

than Thursday, November 8th end-of-day.  Please note that the normal Tuesday

deadline has been extended for this meeting until Thursday due to the time

proximity of the Hangzhou, China interim.

Presentations that were postponed from the Hangzhou meeting need not

resubmit their request.  I'll be back with the presenters for confirmation.

We should be seeing more developed ad hoc committee presentations and

recommendations at this meeting, as well as technical presentations working

towards "baseline ready" content.  In Geneva, the TF discussed developing a

"bucket list"  (e.g., a checklist) that can be used to determine what the TF

needs to accomplish as part of its work plan as we need to review and adopt a

timeline by the end of this meeting.   As an aid in this process, please review

the clause outline work done by Marek, Hesham, and others as suggestions:

http://www.ieee802.org/3/bn/public/sep12/hajduczenia_02_0912.pdf

http://www.ieee802.org/3/bn/public/sep12/hajduczenia_06_0912.pdf

I look forward to seeing you in San Antonio.

Mark Laubach, Chair

IEEE 802.3bn EPoC PHY Task Force

Broadband Communications Group
Broadcom Corporation