From: Marek Hajduczenia [mailto:marek.hajduczenia@xxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 03:19 AM
To: STDS-802-3-EPOC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <STDS-802-3-EPOC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [802.3_EPOC] Exclusion Sub-band Question

Steve,

Very good summary of the discussion.

In my mind, both options are very similar, with the only two differences being the granularity of exclusion bands requested (fixed for method #1, arbitrary in method #2) and complexity of configuration (in method #1, we would list bands to be excluded, in method #2, we would list start/stop frequencies for exclusion bands).

If full flexibility is really what we are after, I’d go with method #2, even though it might generate a bit more management traffic to configure CNU. However, it is more future proof and could save us the headache of working with different grids and granularities of channels.

Marek