[802.3_EPOC] TDD and PHY sub-Task Force creation, ad hoc committee timeframe extensions

Dear IEEE P802.3bn Task Force members,

At the recent P802.3bn meeting at the November 802 Plenary in San Antonio, the TF agreed on the creation of two sub-Task Force subgroups.  By way of this email, I am chartering the TDD sub-Task Force and the PHY sub-Task Force as detailed below.  For housekeeping on three of our existing ad hoc committees, I am extending their originally stated timeframes until the March 2013 plenary.   I'll be overviewing meeting agenda impact with respect to parallel tracks in another email.

IEEE P802.3bn sub-group actions in this email:

1.       Creating: Sub-Task Force name: TDD
*          Sub-Task Force chair: Steve Shellhammer
*          Charter
-        Continue work as started in law_01a_1112.pdf<http://www.ieee802.org/3/bn/public/nov12/law_01a_1112.pdf>
-        Contribute recommendations to Task Force for approval:
*          Minimal augmentation to MPCP "logic" to support TDD operation mode for EPoC PHY
-        Communicate "operational needs" to PHY sub-Task Force and Task Force
*          E.g. delay and delay variation tolerances, CLT downstream transmitter control, etc.
-        Maintain approved MPCP clause amendments
*          NOTES:
-        Task Force editor staff will coordinate draft work output
-        At interim and plenary meetings, when this sub-Task Force meets on a parallel track, the remainder of the Task Force continues to meet as the PHY sub-Task Force.
-        Otherwise follows same procedures as an ad hoc committee

2.       Creating: Sub-Task Force name: PHY
*          Sub-Task Force chair: Mark Laubach
*          Charter
-        Continue main PHY specification development effort
-        Contribute recommendations to Task Force for approval
-        Maintain approved PHY clause amendments
*          NOTES:
-        Task Force editor staff will coordinate draft work output
-        At interim and plenary meetings, when the TDD sub-Task Force meets on a parallel track, the remainder of the Task Force continues to meet as this sub-Task Force.
-        Otherwise follows same procedures as an ad hoc committee

3.       Extending: the following  ad hoc committee timeframes are extended until March 2013 IEEE 802 Plenary meeting:

*         RF Spectrum

*         Evaluation Criteria and Requirements

*         PHY Link

These actions will be restated and recorded in opening minutes of the next meeting.

Yours truly,
Mark Laubach, Chair
IEEE P802.3bn EPoC PHY Task Force

Broadband Communications Group