From: Marek Hajduczenia [mailto:marek.hajduczenia@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2012 2:30 PM
To: Shellhammer, Steve; STDS-802-3-EPOC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [802.3_EPOC] Evaluation Criteria and Requirements Ad Hoc Minutes

Steve,

Sorry for having missed the call - I am in China this week, hence logistic problems with the calls.

One thing stuck me when reading the list: items "Delay from the MAC/PLS interface to the Medium of less than TBD ms" and "Delay from the Medium to MAC/PLS interface  of less than TBD ms: should (IMO) use TQ as time reference. It is not a big deal, but since we expect to operate with MPCP on top, TQ is our basic time quanta.

Note also, that for the proper operation of MPCP as defined today, these values are already specified. If we have to go back and change them, it is a clear indication that existing MPCP structure might not be suitable for controlling CNUs precisely because of the aggregated delay and especially delay variability. Has anybody presented any data on what the expected delay might be through the stack or we are waiting for such data to appear in the future ?

Regards

Marek