[802.3_EPOC] Multiple MCS Profiles Ad-hoc - January 2nd objectives and materials from previous meetings (Email #1 of 5)

Folks,

Hope you all had a great holiday. Happy New Year!

To recap the discussions to date, we have gone over multiple presentations during this ad-hoc including data that shows why MMP (Multiple MCS Profiles) would be beneficial. This data is included in separate presentations from Dave Urban from Comcast (see "Comcast Multiple MCSv3.pdf" and "Comcast MTA data by nodev2.pdf", attached to this Email) and slides included in the meeting materials from Rogers and Shaw. Other data provided separately by BrightHouse was considered although not reviewed in detail (see "mallette_01_1112.pdf" from the November F2F meeting in San Antonio) and additional data is expected. We have also heard during this ad-hoc a presentation from Andrea Garavaglia explaining one way in which MMP could be implemented (see "Multiple_Profiles_for_EPoC_14Dec2012.pdf, attached to this Email).

I'm sure we can go over more data on the usefulness of MMP and on other ways to implement MMP within EPoC, but let's turn our attention to the complexities introduced by MMP should it be implemented. There have been concerns raised about this within several presentations, especially the ones from Ed Boyd (see "boyd_02_1112.pdf") and from Eugene Dai (see "dai_01a_1112.pdf"), both from the November F2F in San Antonio.

To that end, hopefully Ed, Eugene and/or others recap the ways in which MMP would introduce complexities and/or become problematic given the discussion we have had within the ad-hoc to date.

PLEASE NOTE: because of misuse of the bridge over the holidays we have been forced to abandon the bridge we have been using or this meeting. We will use a different bridge for the meeting starting today. The meeting invitation will be updated accordingly.

Regards,
Jorge