Re: [802.3_EPOC] Materials from 1/2/13 MMP Ad-hoc and plan for 1/4/13 MMP Ad-hoc

Matt,

For me, economic feasibility and technical feasibility are interleaved.
There is no economic feasibility for complex solutions, requiring large
chipsets, tons of power and even more buffering. What we need to strive is
simple solutions, not solutions at any cost. There is a reason why Ethernet
is the leading technology for layer 2 transport and that reason is its
simplicity, robustness and cost effectiveness.

That said, I do not think any new arguments were brought in favour of MMP or
can be brought against MMP. We are repeating discussions that already took
place at least twice, wasting time that could be used in a more constructive
fashion. This leaves us where we were at the end of last meeting. Perhaps an
alternative option for going forward is then incorporating the MMP design
into TDD mode first, working out the details and adding it to FDD when it is
ready later on. Otherwise, I do not see how we will move forward here.

Regards

Marek