From: Marek Hajduczenia [mailto:marek.hajduczenia@xxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2013 3:33 AM
To: STDS-802-3-EPOC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [802.3_EPOC] Materials from 1/2/13 MMP Ad-hoc and plan for 1/4/13 MMP Ad-hoc

Ron,

You just can't take a decision whether to add such a feature into the standard or not on a flip of a coin, disregarding the impact analysis. Such a decision has impact on complexity, cost, performance as well as technical and economic feasibility of the resulting system. This is what we are trying right now to assess, to make sure we do not take the wrong decision. So I respectfully disagree that our mission is not to worry on how it is implemented - in fact, if decided in favour, we would need to write the standard which describes implementation of such a feature using the 802.3 model. Furthermore, we do need to worry about the resulting cost, especially in the light of Economic Feasibility criteria our final product has to meet - we have a contract with 802 as the whole to make it cost-effective.

Regards

Marek