*From:* Duane Remein [mailto:Duane.Remein@xxxxxxxxxx]
*Sent:* Wednesday, 16 January, 2013 08:03 PM
*To:* Marek Hajduczenia; STDS-802-3-EPOC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
*Cc:* Duane Remein
*Subject:* RE: [STDS-802-3-EPOC] Evaluation Criteria and Requirements Ad Hoc Minutes

Marek,

I agree with you that this is a system level specification. But I think we need to develop PHY level specifications that ensure a system can meet this level of synchronization. I don't think this will be much beyond adding a requirement that EPoC US path and DS path within a PHY have a symmetrical delay within some bounds (such as ± 1 or 2 TQ ). While it is true that we didn't do this for EPON we may have gotten lucky. If it is relatively easy to accomplish I think such a requirement is in order.

Best Regards,

Duane

FutureWei Technologies Inc.

duane.remein@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:duane.remein@xxxxxxxxxx>