Re: [STDS-802-3-EPOC] Additional Eval Criteria item to support ToD (time of day) delivery for Mobile Backhaul

Steve,

I'd like to move that the 3rd bullet from Bill is already addressed by the
set of registers added under 802.3bf project. All we need to do is use them,
i.e., require their use in the respective EPoC register package (mark them
as mandatory, and not optional). Once done, vendors would have the way to
populate min/max delay for Tx/Rx path across the given layer implemented in
the device. That should take care of this requirement.

On the whole concept of equalizing delay - given the level of moving parts
the PCS will likely have, I find it technically challenging to figure out
even at the conceptual level how that could be achieved with any level of
precision, especially if the effective data rate fluctuates over time and we
need to constantly play catch with the depth of delay adaptation queues.
Combine that with burst mode transmission and only statistically predictable
scheduling delay that is network load dependent, I'd like to see a detailed
proposal before we agree to do any delay equalization.

Marek