Re: [STDS-802-3-EPOC] EPoC RF Spectrum Ad Hoc Agenda

Steve,
I volunteered to quantify the quantity of data needed for the PHY-Link Ad-Hoc. Part of that effort is to determine what was needed to define the exclusion bands. Below is what I have so far for this item. I would suggest we use this as a starting point.
I was quite surprised that the motion to provision the exclusion bands via the MDIO did not even garner a second during the meeting. There are only two interfaces we have to choose from, MDIO and MII, and MII is not appropriate for provisioning information. I would like to straw poll this during tomorrows meeting.

Another Topic I think we need to settle on is how big is a sub-carrier group (or whatever we decide to call it).  I believe there are 2-3 options on the table; 8-12 sub-carriers and 40-50 sub-carriers (i.e., 1 MHz). I'm OK with defining the Channel center frequency in steps of 1 MHz but have problems with defining other parameters in this granularity. For example do we really want a 1 MHz PHY-Link? While we could pick and choose granularity for each item that needs to be considered I think there is something to be said for consistency (i.e., use the same unit for everything RF that is less than a channel). Just my 2 cents, please hold now while I done my flame proof suit :).

Best Regards,
Duane

Area

Information to send

Description

Step

Min

Max

Bits

Times sent per Sec.

Data Rate (Kbps)

Global

TDD/FDD

0

1

1

10

0.01

Global

Power Mngmt

tbd

0

Global

Number of DS OFDM Channels

Assumed upto 10 DS RF Channels that can be bonded

1

10

4

10

0.04

Global

Cyclic Prefix length

0 to 8 us in 0.25 us steps.

0.25

0

8

5

10

0.05

Global

Windowing

Enumerated list, 5 values of Nt for windowing calculation, Alpha = Nt/204.86e6

5

3

10

0.03

Global

DS Ch1 Center Freq

tbd to 1800 MHz in 1 MHz steps.

1

tbd

1800

11

10

0.11

Global

DS Ch2-8 Center Freq

as per Ch1

9

99

10

0.99

Global

Number of US OFDM Channels

Assume upto 4 US RF Channels that can be bonded

1

4

2

10

0.02

Global

US Ch1 Center Freq

tbd to 1800 MHz in 1 MHz steps.

1

tbd

1800

11

10

0.11

Global

US Ch2-4 Center Freq

as per Ch1

3

33

10

0.33

Global

Total Global

1.69

DS CH Desc

DS Exclusion Band Low

Distance in MHz from lower frequency limit of channel; 0 to 96MHz in 1 MHz steps

1

0

96

7

10

0.07

DS CH Desc

DS Exclusion Band High

Distance in MHz from upper frequency limit of channel; 0 to 96MHz in 1 MHz steps

1

0

96

7

10

0.07

DS CH Desc

DS Number of mid exclusion bands

0 to 8 (assumes up to 8 internal exclusion bands)

0

8

3

10

0.03

DS CH Desc

DS Mid Exclusion band 1 F0

Distance in MHz from lower frequency limit of channel; 0 to 192 MHz in 1 MHz steps

1

1

192

8

10

0.08

DS CH Desc

DS Mid Exclusion band 1 Fx

Distance in MHz of exclusion band above and below exclusion band F0; 0 to 32MHz in 1 MHz steps

1

1

32

5

10

0.05

DS CH Desc

DS Mid Exclusion band 2-8

as per above

7

43

10

0.43

DS CH Desc

DS Exclusion band is described for this RF Channel only (assumes each Channel has it's own PHY-Link)

FutureWei Technologies Inc.
duane.remein@xxxxxxxxxx
Director, Access R&D
919 418 4741