From: Tom Staniec [mailto:tom.staniec@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, 30 January, 2013 10:12 PM
To: STDS-802-3-EPOC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [STDS-802-3-EPOC] Question on FER Objective

I had to work with JDSU to develop a test access system for cell tower and
one of the tests required by the carriers was frame loss ratio. That test
required that test what I would call standard frame sizes to be tested (64,
128, 256 etc ) transported through a network that had to pass a frame 2080
in size. Yes that was a little odd but the carrier was doing a couple of
other things that needed to be supported. To that end though when the
testing failed it was usually the smaller frames not the larger ones.