Re: [STDS-802-3-EPOC] Continue with EPoC MMP Ad-hoc Meetings

To facilitate our discussions on the MMP efficiency model next week, I want
to pose a few items that the Ad Hoc team will need to acheive consensus on:

   1. Modem traffic model per profile
      - first, we need to come up with *a reasonable set* of Modem profile
      distribution and estimated bit loading per profile
      - as first step, I'm assuming traffic distribution mirrors modem
      profile distribution; next, we need to look at how much traffic
      distribution might vary and what is a good metric for our analysis
   2. Multicast traffic
      - what is a reasonable range of multicast traffic that we should use
      for our analysis?
      - Should this range be a % of total capacity or is it a fixed amount
      independent of channel width?

There are two other items that I am aware of now that might also impact MMP
efficiency. One that I mentioned in my Phoenix presentation was some D3.1
material that indicated micro-reflections impacts may not be uniform across
the profiles, hurting higher profiles more. I will contact the authors
off-line and see if we can get a presentation on this topic to the Ad Hoc.

A new issue came up in Phoenix during Ed Boyd's presentation. Ed pointed
out that a high frequency of gate messages may force us to switch between
profiles more often than our current analysis shows. This is not in my
model today. We will need Ed on the call to analyze this further, maybe
Thurs?? Hopefully Nicola or others can come with contributions on this
topic.

If anyone else has feedback on the model, please forward so I can keep it
up to date.

    -- john