[STDS-802-3-EPOC] Call for Focus, renewed Work Plan, and updated TF Time Line

Dear IEEE P802.3bn EPoC PHY Task Force participants,

In September / November the Task Force adopted a Time Line
that included a milestone of having baseline proposal selection
complete as of this past January meeting as well as initiating working
group ballot in July 2013.  To date, the TF has made 17 technical
decisions and 0 baseline decisions.   These are summarized at:
http://www.ieee802.org/3/bn/public<http://www.ieee802.org/3/bn/public/>

At this upcoming meeting in Orlando, the TF needs to update the
Time Line, and  should examine coming to consensus on a work
plan and focus that meets ongoing expectations.

One of the key items is getting "ready" material into the baseline.
Please expect our editors to present on what qualifies as "baseline
ready" material. If you are planning on or more items for "baseline
proposal" for the March meeting, please work with our editors now
for guidance.   One example of building a baseline can be found
here (please review):
 http://www.ieee802.org/3/av/public/baseline.html

I will put together one list of suggested technical decision items.  I
encourage others to do the same.  I would also like to ask that each
ad hoc Chair work with their respective groups to pull together a work
plan for their committee for completing its work and/or a schedule of
deliverables/decisions, etc.  We should also review the "consensus
challenge" list for updates and changes (copied below).

Yours truly,
Mark Laubach, Chair
IEEE P802.3bn EPoC PHY Task Force

Review of  "Consensus Challenge" items from September 2012 meeting:

RF Bandwidth *

FDD downstream OFDM or OFDMA

DS Bonding approach

Rate adaptation, which layer and how

FEC / Interleaving (error performance) (req. channel model) IEEE P802.3bn Task Force Minutes, 27-28 September 2012 Page 9

MPCP Changes

Adaptive bit rate loading

PHY Link *

Complexity of hardware scaling with RF bandwidth

How we are going to do TDD

Efficiency gain vs. cost

Synchronization in terms of time / frequency (mobile backhaul)

OFDM numerology Symbol size / CP size / FFT size (req. channel model)

Framing structure

MAC layer efficiency

PHY layer efficiency

Energy efficiency