Re: [STDS-802-3-EPOC] Slides from today's RF Spectrum call

Duane and all,

(1)    With up to 3 exclusion bands, and the minimum contiguous DS
spectrum of 24MHz, it is likely to create small fragments of unusable
spectrum in between the exclusion bands and EPOC bands, especially below
1002MHz as there are various existing services and different
regions/MSOs have different channel allocations.

(2)    Are three exclusion bands adequate or there might be scenarios
where more than 3 exclusion bands may be valuable or even necessary (to
protect pieces of legacy services for example)?

(3)    Instead of trying to define up to three exclusion bands of
variable width, should we entertain the approach where many fixed width
(small) exclusion bands can be use and represented by a bit map and bit
mask? For example, 8MHz (or 6MHz) fixed width, if a bit is set in the
mask, then this band is excluded.

As I have not been able to attend the channel Ad hoc, perhaps these
questions were already discussed and addressed.

Best, Rick