From: Dai, Eugene (CCI-Atlanta) [mailto:Eugene.Dai@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, 07 March, 2013 7:40 PM
To: Marek Hajduczenia; STDS-802-3-EPOC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [STDS-802-3-EPOC] Line coding for EPoC

Marek:

I see no reason to change the 64b/66b line code in PCS, so I'll vote to keep
it in EPoC.

In "repeater" architecture, the 64b/66b line code can NOT be changed for CNU
and ONU co-existing. In "bridge"/"double scheduling" architecture, one could
choose a different line code in principle, but there is no reason to do so.

Thanks,
Eugene