[STDS-802-3-EPOC] Summary of Presentation Requests for P802.3 meeting during IEEE 802 Plenary 19-21 April 2013

Dear IEEE P802.3bn Task Force Members,

We have a record number of presentation requests for this meeting (35) with a total request time of almost 21 hours.  This does not include opening business on Tuesday,  allotted discussions times (as per last meeting's discussion), breaks, or parallel sessions.  If I have missed anyone's presentation request and/or introduced error(s), please let me know as soon as possible.  Please note that the Editor Team is sorting out some of their intro presentations and there may be some adjustments for them.  Steve Shellhammer and I will be drafting up an agenda tomorrow afternoon.  This is the first meeting without any intervening holidays or other TF meetings since the last meeting and the productivity shows it.  Thank you all for the time you have put in since Phoenix.

Please plan and/or consider the following: Tuesday the 19th is going to be a very long day starting at 8AM and going likely until about 9PM or 10PM.   Wednesday we have some overlap with the parallel TDD Sub-Task force, but our time is limited by the social starting at 6PM.  Steve and I both feel that we don't want to re-convene after the social ends at 8PM to permit needed networking and topic socialization time.  Please review your requested time(s) and/or content to see if any time at all can be shaved out of the longer presentations (but don't cut back on included Q&A time).  Another possible consideration option is for introducing a new topic at this meeting and then doing a more filled out presentation at the next meeting - your call.  We'll discuss the draft agenda as usual during the opening business section of the meeting.

Thursday AM will be allocated for sub-group closing reports, straw polls and motions, as well as any other additional business.  One item that must be completed on Thursday morning will be consensus on an update to the Task Force Time Line based on a discussion of our work plan and focus going forward.  The Tim Line is part of my TF report for the 802.3 WG closing plenary on Thursday afternoon.

I would like to ask that any sub-groups that are posturing for motion making on Thursday, please pre-socialize these on the email reflector as soon as possible in advance of the actual meeting, as well as summarize in the opening reports.

See you all in Orlando.

Yours truly,
Mark Laubach, Chair
IEEE P802.3bn EPoC PHY Task Force

List of presentations, with first sort criteria of Track:

Presenter (sorted by last name, first author)

Affiliation(s)

Title

Track

Requested Time

Mark Laubach

Broadcom

Work Plan and Baseline Checklist Going Forward

Main

0:30

Duane Remein

Huawei

Care and Feeding of Editors - What your editors expect from a baseline proposal

Main

0:20

Editors

Possible outlines for New EPoC Clauses

Main

0:20

Marek Hajduczenia

ZTE

EPoC PCS structure

Main

0:30

Marek Hajduczenia

ZTE

Power-Saving Mechanism for EPoC

Main

0:35

Marek Hajduczenia, Motoyuki Takizawa

ZTE, Fujitsu

Power-Saving Mechanisms in IEEE Std 1904.1 (SIEPON)

Main

0:35

Howard Frazier

Broadcom

Management registers and MIB objects

Main

0:20

Edwin Mallette

Brighthouse Networks

EPoC and CNU Generations

Main

0:20

Rob Howald, Duane Remein

Motorola, Huawei

Baseline Channel Model

Channel Model

0:45

Rob Howald, Duane Remein

Motorola, Huawei

Illustrative Channel Models

Channel Model

0:45

Andrea Garavaglia

Qualcomm

Code Word shortening for EPoC (Burst Mode)

PHY

0:45

Avi Kliger

Broadcom

Downstream Pilots - A proposal for FDD downstream pilots

PHY

0:45

Avi Kliger

Broadcom

Upstream Pilots - A proposal for FDD upstream pilots

PHY

0:30

Avi Kliger

Broadcom

Review of Channel Bonding proposal

PHY

0:30

Avi Kliger

Broadcom

EPoC CP Size

PHY

0:20

Christian Pietsch, Juan Montojo

Qualcomm

OFDM Numerology

PHY

0:30

Christian Pietsch, Juan Montojo

Qualcomm

Burst Mode PHY Pilot Structures

PHY

0:45

Christian Pietsch, Juan Montojo

Qualcomm

Continuous Mode PHY Pilot Structures

PHY

0:45

Ed Boyd

Broadcom

PHY Config Switchover

PHY

0:30

Ed Boyd, Avi Kliger

Broadcom, Qualcomm

Upstream Burst Markers

PHY

0:30

Ed Boyd, Juan Montojo

Broadcom, Qualcomm

Upstream MMP

PHY

0:30

Juan Montojo, Stefan Brueck, Tom Richardson

Qualcomm

FEC for EPoC

PHY

1:00

Marek Hajduczenia

ZTE

64b/66b Line Code

PHY

0:30

Marek Hajduczenia, Andrea Garavaglia

ZTE, Qualcomm

Data Rate Adaptation

PHY

1:00

Nicola Varanese, Juan Montojo

Qualcomm

Markers for MMP in Burst Mode

PHY

1:00

Rich Prodan, BZ Shen, Tom Kolze

Broadcom

EPoC FEC

PHY

0:45

Steve Shellhammer, Patrick Stupar, Hesham ElBakoury, Duane Remein

Qualcomm, Huawei

PHY

0:45

Syed Rahman

Huawei

Wideband Channel Estimation in Upstream EPoC

PHY

0:40

Syed Rahman, Duane Remein

Huawei

Downstream Synchronization

PHY

0:30

Avi Kliger

Broadcom

PHY Link Channel

PHY Link

0:45

Ed Boyd, Marek Hajduczenia

Broadcom, ZTE

Broadcast LLID and Discovery

PHY Link

0:30

Nicola Varanese

Qualcomm

Downstream PHY Link Structure Baseline

PHY Link

0:45

Keiji Tanaka

KDDI

Cable network situation in Japan and Requirements for EPoC

RF Spectrum

0:15

Andrea Garavaglia, Patrick Stupar

Qualcomm

Summary Presentation for TDD MPCP Enhancements

TDD

0:45

Steve Shellhammer, Andrea Garavaglia

Qualcomm