[STDS-802-3-EPOC] good news / challenging news for the presentation agenda for the 19-21 March Orlando meeting

Dear IEEE P802.3bn EPoC PHY Task Force participants,

First of all, Steve Shellhammer and I want to thank you for all the hard work everyone has put in on getting presentations ready for this meeting.  That's the good news.  The challenging news is that we have more presentations than we really have time available for this meeting.  Here are the challenges:

1.       Tuesday is too long.  Starting time is 8AM and ending time predicted for 1:05 AM (in the next day)

2.       Thursday morning doesn't have enough time available for all the decisions we think that will be brought forward.

We have two constraints during 802 plenary meetings: Wednesday meetings have to stop at 6PM for the IEEE 802 social, and we need to end on Thursday, approximately noon, to permit people to get lunch and attend the closing 802.3 WG plenary that starts at 1PM.

Steve and I would like to hear if presentations can be shortened or postponed to a subsequent meeting.  Please send an email to both myself and Steve if you would like to make a change.

Please note that we wanted to give you all a heads up as early as possible rather than tie up time discussing this on Tuesday morning during agenda approval.

Yours truly,
Mark and Steve
Chair and Vice-Chair

Tuesday, 19 March  - Start of IEEE P802.3bn Task Force Meeting

Length

Time

Mark Laubach

Broadcom

Agenda and  General Information

1:00

8:00 AM

Steve Shellhammer

Qualcomm

TDD Sub-Task Force

0:15

9:00 AM

Duane Remain

Huawei

Open report: Channel Model ad hoc

0:15

9:15 AM

Steve Shellhammer

Qualcomm

Open report: Eval Criteria and Mgmt ad hoc

0:15

9:30 AM

Jorge Salinger

Comcast

Open report: MMP ad hoc

0:15

9:45 AM

Ed Boyd

Broadcom

Open report: PHY Link ad hoc

0:15

10:00 AM

Steve Shellhammer

Qualcomm

Open report: RF Spectrum ad hoc

0:15

10:15 AM

Break

0:15

10:30 AM

Mark Laubach

Broadcom

Work Plan and Baseline Checklist Going Forward

0:30

10:45 AM

Duane Remein

Huawei

Care and Feeding of Editors - What your editors expect from a baseline proposal

0:20

11:15 AM

Marek Hajduczenia

ZTE

EPoC PCS structure

0:30

11:35 AM

Saif Rahman

Comcast

PMD structure

0:30

12:05 PM

Duane Remein

Huawei

MPCP clause outline

0:10

12:35 PM

Lunch

1:00

12:45 PM

Howard Frazier

Broadcom

Management registers and MIB objects

0:20

1:45 PM

Edwin Mallette

Brighthouse Networks

EPoC and CNU Generations

0:20

2:05 PM

Juan Montojo, Stefan Brueck, Tom Richardson

Qualcomm

FEC for EPoC

1:00

2:25 PM

Rich Prodan, BZ Shen, Tom Kolze

Broadcom

EPoC FEC

0:45

3:25 PM

Discussion

0:30

4:10 PM

break

0:15

4:40 PM

Andrea Garavaglia

Qualcomm

Code Word shortening for EPoC (Burst Mode)

0:45

4:10 PM

Marek Hajduczenia

ZTE

64b/66b Line Code

0:30

4:55 PM

Avi Kliger

Broadcom

Downstream Pilots - A proposal for FDD downstream pilots

0:45

5:25 PM

dinner

1:00

6:10 PM

Avi Kliger

Broadcom

Upstream Pilots - A proposal for FDD upstream pilots

0:30

7:10 PM

Christian Pietsch, Juan Montojo

Qualcomm

Continuous Mode PHY Pilot Structures

0:45

7:40 PM

Christian Pietsch, Juan Montojo

Qualcomm

Burst Mode PHY Pilot Structures

0:45

8:25 PM

break

0:15

9:10 PM

Nicola Varanese, Juan Montojo

Qualcomm

Markers for MMP in Burst Mode

1:00

9:10 PM

Ed Boyd, Avi Kliger

Broadcom, Qualcomm

Upstream Burst Markers

0:30

10:10 PM

Ed Boyd, Juan Montojo

Broadcom, Qualcomm

Upstream MMP

0:30

10:40 PM

Syed Rahman

Huawei

Wideband Channel Estimation in Upstream EPoC

0:45

11:10 PM

Marek Hajduczenia

ZTE

Power-Saving Mechanism for EPoC

0:35

11:55 PM

Marek Hajduczenia, Motoyuki Takizawa

ZTE, Fujitsu

Power-Saving Mechanisms in IEEE Std 1904.1 (SIEPON)

0:35

12:30 AM

Break for Day - Recess IEEE TF meeting until 8AM Wednesday

1:05 AM

Wednesday, 20 March - Start of TDD sub-Task Force Track

Length

Time

Steve Shellhammer, Andrea Garavaglia

Qualcomm

TDD Open Items and Checklist

0:20

8:00 AM

Andrea Garavaglia, Patrick Stupar

Qualcomm

Summary Presentation for TDD MPCP Enhancements

0:45

8:20 AM

discussion

2:00

9:05 AM

Break return to main track

0:15

11:05 AM

Wednesday, 20 March - Start of PHY sub-Task Force / Main Track

Length

Time

Avi Kliger

Broadcom

EPoC CP Size

0:20

8:00 AM

Christian Pietsch, Juan Montojo

Qualcomm

OFDM Numerology

0:30

8:20 AM

PHY Link ad hoc

0:00

8:50 AM

Avi Kliger

Broadcom

PHY Link Channel

0:45

8:50 AM

Ed Boyd, Marek Hajduczenia

Broadcom, ZTE

Broadcast LLID and Discovery

0:30

9:35 AM

break

0:15

10:05 AM

Nicola Varanese

Qualcomm

Downstream PHY Link Structure Baseline

0:45

10:20 AM

Ed Boyd

Broadcom

PHY Config Switchover

0:30

11:05 AM

ad hoc closing

discussion

0:30

11:35 AM

Duane Remain

Huawei

Channel Model ad hoc opening

0:10

12:05 PM

Rob Howald, Duane Remein

Motorola, Huawei

Baseline Channel Model

0:45

12:15 PM

lunch

1:00

1:00 PM

Rob Howald, Duane Remein

Motorola, Huawei

Illustrative Channel Models

0:45

2:00 PM

Keiji Tanaka

KDDI

Cable network situation in Japan and Requirements for EPoC

0:15

2:45 PM

ad hoc closing

discussion

0:15

3:00 PM

break

0:15

3:15 PM

Avi Kliger

Broadcom

Review of Channel Bonding proposal

0:30

3:30 PM

Steve Shellhammer, Patrick Stupar, Hesham ElBakoury, Duane Remein

Qualcomm, Huawei

0:45

4:00 PM

Marek Hajduczenia, Andrea Garavaglia

ZTE, Qualcomm

Data Rate Adaptation

1:00

4:45 PM

Break for Day at 6PM for 802 Social - Recess IEEE Task Force meeting until 8AM Thursday

0:00

5:45 PM

Thursday, March 21

Length

Time

Steve Shellhammer

Qualcomm

Closing: TDD Sub-Task Force

0:30

8:00 AM

Mark Laubach

Broadcom

Closing: Main / PHY Sub-Task Force

0:30

8:30 AM

Duane Remain

Huawei

Closing: Open report: Channel Model ad hoc

0:30

9:00 AM

Steve Shellhammer

Qualcomm

Closing: Open report: Eval Criteria and Mgmt ad hoc

0:05

9:30 AM

Jorge Salinger

Comcast

Closing: Open report: MMP ad hoc

0:30

9:35 AM

Ed Boyd

Broadcom

Closing: Open report: PHY Link ad hoc

0:30

10:05 AM

Steve Shellhammer

Qualcomm

Closing: Open report: RF Spectrum ad hoc

0:30

10:35 AM

Mark Laubach

Broadcom