[STDS-802-3-EPOC] MMP Ad-hoc Report and Motion

Dear EPoC TF colleagues,

I regret that I won't be able to attend the TF F2F meeting this week. However, Saif Rahman will kindly take my place in presenting the report for the MMP Ad-hoc, and present a motion intended to move the work of the Ad-hoc forward.

Given the conclusion of the latest straw-poll, in which a vast majority of the Ad-hoc participants agreed that adding support for MMP for bursting modes (i.e., TDD DS, TDD US and FDD US) would be appropriate, and the subsequent multiple presentations from Marc Werner and Ed Boyd regarding the implementation of MMP for bursting modes, it seems prudent to bring forth a motion for the task force members to consider. As discussed in the MMP Ad-hoc, we will present the following motion:

The EPoC standard shall support multiple modulation profiles for the bursting DS and US PHY and a single modulation profile for the continuous DS PHY.

The text of this motion is intended to explicitly call for support for multiple modulation profiles for the bursting DS and US PHYs (as included in TDD DS, TDD US and FDD US), as well as explicitly call out support of a single modulation profile for the continuous DS PHY (as included in FDD DS).

To expedite the discussion during the TF meeting, please let us know if there are any comments or suggestions with respect to the above motion. Hopefully the required majority agrees with the motion and we can move forward with the work to explicitly describe how to implement MMP according to the above motion.

Thanks!
Jorge