Re: [STDS-802-3-EPOC] MMP Ad-hoc Report and Motion

Saifur: All the debates and/or discussions on the benefits of MMP were on downstream. We have adopted OFDMA for EPoC upstream, so in principle each CNU could has it's own MP. Not like continuous FDD downstream, MMP for burst mode upstream may technically feasible, but burst marker, signaling act. do increase the complexity  at OLT/CLT and lower the system efficiency overall. So we need justify the benefits of MMP for EPoC upstream first before to move it to vote.

Thanks,
EUgene
From: Rahman, Saifur [Saifur_Rahman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2013 4:19 PM
To: STDS-802-3-EPOC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [STDS-802-3-EPOC] MMP Ad-hoc Report and Motion

Hal

We have not heard that there will be a significant lack of participation at the F2F. Regardless, we have had a number of meeting with a broad set of groups to touch on many aspects of MMP. Most operators have been the one asking for this function. We think having a vote at this time will really gauge the support for this function.

Thanks
Saif