From: Jones, Douglas [mailto:Douglas_Jones3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 28 March 2013 05:35
To: STDS-802-3-EPOC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [STDS-802-3-EPOC] updated technical decisions on web site

IEEE does not write specifications, rather, it creates international standards.

CableLabs creates specifications for the North American cable industry.  For a CableLabs specification to become an internatinoal standard, it would have to go through both the ANSI process (likely SCTE) and then an international standards process.  These would easily tack on a few years.  With that perspective, the IEEE process looks quick.

dj