Re: [STDS-802-3-EPOC] updated technical decisions on web site

Hugh,

Great summary of the IEEE process and my respect to you for addressing the
key points so clearly.

We have seen already projects within 802.3 WG that took a long time to
develop consensus but when it was finally achieved and the appropriate
number of baseline proposals was adopted, the progress was swift and bounded
only by the minimum number of required draft circulations. We have also seen
projects that were developed in a record time, primarily because there was
no doubt as to what needed to be done and everybody pulled in the same
direction.

In P802.3bn project, I think our main problem until last meeting was the
lack of solid consensus on key items as well as the number of topics to look
at and creep of new features (still ongoing). I believe that once we get the
basic decisions out of the way and get a better idea on how individual
functional blocks within the EPoC PMD are to interact with each other,
progress will be swift. What was missing at the last meeting though was
decision on the order of interaction between individual functional blocks -
this is something we should try to remedy as soon as possible, to give
individual contributors a better idea on e.g., where FEC is to be located
(PCS, PMA, PMD ?).

Regards

Marek