From: Dai, Eugene (CCI-Atlanta) [mailto:Eugene.Dai@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, April 05, 2013 12:28 PM
To: Ed (Edward) Boyd; STDS-802-3-EPOC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Unconfirmed Meeting Notes from 4/3/13 MMP Ad Hoc Meeting

Ed: A comment on you comment:

o   How does Multicast work with MMP? LCD?
[Ed] The LLIDs are grouped into the per-profile virtual MAC control/MAC/RS/XGMII/PCS layers.  Multicast/Broadcast could be connected to any profile but it would make sense to be the broadcast.  CableLabs added support for multicast LLIDs.  They could be connected selectively to any profile.

[Eugene] For TDD downstream, a group of LLID represent a profile; multicast/broadcast traffics  either been duplicated between MMP or there is a common multicast/broadcast profile.

Thanks,
Eugene