From: Duane Remein [mailto:Duane.Remein@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, May 6, 2013 7:34 PM
To: Rahman, Saifur; STDS-802-3-EPOC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Duane Remein
Subject: RE: Update of draft outline of PMA/PMD clause

Saif,
Thanks for all the hard work. Some comments follow
Please use Clause 100 as your base number.
Much of the outline below header level 3 seems to be a bit more technical than has been discussed to date and so I would classify it as conjecture. However, I also trust your good judgment on this, we just need to be sure no one mistakes this as baseline material.
Section 99.4 PMD Receive Function seems to be out of alignment with the complementary PMD Transmit function (at 99.3.2).
On the transmit side you use Upstream and Downstream (as in 99.3.4 Upstream Transmitter Requirements). We need to agree on one or the other.
Best Regards,
Duane

FutureWei Technologies Inc.
duane.remein@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:duane.remein@xxxxxxxxxx>