Re: [STDS-802-3-EPOC] MMP Ad Hoc - Call for Presentations

Joe,

Comments below

Hesham

From: Solomon, Joe [mailto:Joe_Solomon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2013 8:25 PM
To: STDS-802-3-EPOC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [STDS-802-3-EPOC] MMP Ad Hoc - Call for Presentations

I have not yet had any requests to present Thursday; therefore, we will cancel the MMP ad hoc scheduled for May 9.

For our next meeting, we need one or more proposals that cover some or all of the following aspects of MMP, preferably the ones where we have the least amount of consensus/the least amount of detail:

1. With MMP the modulation profile applied is based on the performance characteristics of the channels that will carry the transmission codewords. I believe we are in agreement here. Anyone disagree?

2. What parameters will be contained in each modulation profile? To date, we have discussed an MCS modulation profile and a Bit-Loaded Modulation profile and each of these profiles control the modulation order applied to transmissions. But there are a number of other properties that change depending on the SNR of the subcarriers; which of these should also be bundled into a modulation profile? Examples include:

*         Modulation order: have agreed that this makes sense to include

*         FEC code rate: Preference expressed so far in discussions is to keep this constant, and therefore not include in a modulation profile.
HEB> I think we can support more than one FEC code in the same profile.

*         Pilot pattern: Not yet discussed; should we consider including pilot patterns in a modulation profile?

*         Symbol size: not really an option

4. What does each type of modulation profile get applied to (subcarrier, group of subcarriers, codeword, symbol, burst)?

5. When can a defined modulation profile be used (e.g., FDD Bit-loading or MCS even with one profile, TDD US MCS only, etc.)?

6. How is the modulation profile applied conveyed to the receiver? We seem to have consensus on burst markers, but need to define the details needed to support MMP (where the burst markers appear,  how they convey the modulation profile, etc.).