[STDS-802-3-EPOC] Requested input from Japanese community on EPoC Channel Model

I am anticipating holding a few Channel Model teleconferences, convenient for the Japanese community, between now and July.
Here is some items which would be good to have answers for or, at the very least, will serve is a good starting point for discussion.

1) Slides 4 & 5 of the presentation from the Eval & Req ad hoc are very useful, detailed diagrams of the distribution architecture.  Thanks for that - often these are not easy to obtain.  However, their only output is level.  As a start, the specs on the active devices, passive devices and the type of coax used will be needed to go much further with respect to noise, distortion, freq response.  In lieu of specs, products (amps, taps, couplers, coax, Eq's if used) by vendor name would help us track down the same if available to a lesser degree.

2) For additive interferences, we have populated the channel model tables with measured interference and burst characteristics from NA studies of the phenomenon.  There is not a lot to go on to do that, but what we have has a basis and more data and analysis are being done to make it more statistically significant.  It would not be reasonable to use as is for Japan or Chinese operators.  Some of this interference data might be useful but it needs a closer look by those familiar with these issues in the Japanese environment, but some data is clearly not applicable, such as OTA interference bands.  Are there any studies done in the Japanese market that we could reference?

3) On the comment that that MDUs have less ingress than HFC - my (Rob Howald) experience is actually the opposite.  It would be helpful to obtain some comparative evidence and description of the cases used to compare.  There are some possible logical explanations for this in APAC compared to NA through differences in what are considered "typical" HFC and "typical" MDU.

4) With component specs, we can certainly generate channel parameters to 2600 MHz for the D/S.  Not sure where the Spectrum Ad Hoc is landing on the topic of maximum upper band edge for the D/S.

Lastly I would like to ask Tanaka-san for his valuable assistance in organizing and running these conference calls.

My thanks to Rob Howald and Said Raman who provided 99% of the above.
Very Best Regards,
Duane

FutureWei Technologies Inc.
duane.remein@xxxxxxxxxx