[STDS-802-3-EPOC] ePoll results for: Unofficial IEEE P802.3bn Task Force eStraw Poll #rfspectrum_6

Online straw poll closed at 2013-05-31 18:00:00 for:

Unofficial IEEE P802.3bn Task Force eStraw Poll #rfspectrum_6
Exclusion sub-band mapping Question: (formatted for text):

"Do you support the following statement?: An exclusion sub-band can
be mapped onto any of the available OFDM subcarriers within an OFDM
channel, with the restriction that there is at least one modulated
subcarrier between exclusion sub-bands. [Note: this does not include
continuous pilots as per Motion #30 from 5/16/13, TD #67.]
(Reference: ad hoc committee minutes: RF Spectrum_Minutes 5/28/13 )"
Vote type: Single answer selection per voter.
Summary of votes per answer (percent of total):
0)   Yes                  =   9 (60.0%)
1)   No                   =   1 (6.7%)
2)   Abstain              =   2 (13.3%)
3)   Other (provide answer in Comments) =   3 (20.0%)

  Total votes =  15

"Full Name",Email,"Voting Member","Vote Date / Time",Answer,Comments
"Matthew Schmitt",m.schmitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,Y,"2013-05-28 15:15:55",single:0::::,
"Marek Hajduczenia",marek.hajduczenia@xxxxxx,Y,"2013-05-28 15:17:14",single::::3:,"The straw poll text is unclear"
"Hesham ElBakoury",hesham.elbakoury@xxxxxxxxxx,Y,"2013-05-28 15:18:51",single:0::::,
"Michel Allard",michel.allard@xxxxxxxxxx,Y,"2013-05-29 04:30:03",single:0::::,
"William Keasler",wkeasler@xxxxxxxxxx,N,"2013-05-29 07:55:58",single:0::::,
"Mike Darling",mike.darling@xxxxxxx,Y,"2013-05-29 08:37:10",single:0::::,
"Venkat Arunarthi",venkat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,N,"2013-05-29 11:59:04",single:0::::,
"Keiji Tanaka",kj-tanaka@xxxxxxxxxxx,N,"2013-05-30 04:54:06",single:::2::,
"Leo Montreuil",leo.montreuil@xxxxxxxxxxxx,Y,"2013-05-30 06:36:12",single:0::::,
"Steve Shellhammer",sshellha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,Y,"2013-05-30 12:34:33",single:0::::,
"Avi Kliger",akliger@xxxxxxxxxxxx,Y,"2013-05-30 13:44:39",single:0::::,
"Duane Remein",duane.remein@xxxxxxxxxx,Y,"2013-05-31 07:03:01",single::1:::,"If there is a requirement on the size of an internal exclusion band I can see no reason to require one or more modulated sub-carriers between internal exclusion bands. Also what about external exclusion band and internal exclusion bands?I\'m not convinced I see a need to limit exclusion bands as this series of polls implies"
"Bill Powell",bill.powell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,Y,"2013-05-31 10:34:05",single::::3:,"I support this in principle.  However, I don\'t think we should allow an exclusion band to be mapped into an area that we may specify for the PLC (ex. - the center of a 6/8 MHz channel, to allow quick PLC searching).  However, if the PLC is spec\'d to reside in the 24 MHz minimum contiguous EPoC required BW, and no exclusion bands are allowed in this 24M spectrum, then I would vote \"yes\" to this poll."
"tom staniec",tom.staniec@xxxxxxxxxx,Y,"2013-05-31 13:39:00",single:::2::,
"Saifur Rahman",saifur_rahman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,Y,"2013-05-31 14:34:52",single::::3:,"Isn\'t having just one subcarrier between exclusion sub-band too restrictive"