Re: [STDS-802-3-EPOC] Updated PMD Outline Proposal

Joe,

               You may want to use the term "LDPC codeword"  or "FEC codeword." The codeword typically includes both the information bits and the parity bits.

Steve

From: Solomon, Joe [mailto:Joe_Solomon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 9:06 AM
To: STDS-802-3-EPOC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [STDS-802-3-EPOC] Updated PMD Outline Proposal

The frame we are referring to is the "LDPC frame" - the block of LDPC bits. Maybe frame is the wrong term. It's related to the frame error rate referred to in the project objectives, but is to specify the performance of the receiver at the PMD layer.

We can discuss on the call tomorrow to improve the terminology.

Thanks for the question!