Re: [STDS-802-3-EPOC] Updated PMD Outline Proposal

Dear colleagues

One more thing that came to my mind when looking through the slides for
today's meeting - it is not clear to me (at least it has not been
demonstrated until now) what the relationship between the said "FEC
codeword" error ratio and the MAC error ratio really is. We have been
discussing the pros and cons of LDCP codes for EPoC, but I still have not
seen any estimates of what raw BER/FER it can work with and what output
BER/FER we will get out of it. I hope it is something that is anticipated
for July in Geneva, because it is a crucial element of the puzzle we need to
work on.

Regards

Marek