Re: [STDS-802-3-EPOC] FW: [STDS-802-3-EPOC] any new presentations for Wednesday's PHY Link ad hoc committee call?

Hi Joe,

Thank you for sharing these on the reflector.

When I see requirements like "The CLT transmitter shall support the cyclic
prefix values defined in Table 1 for both 4K and 8K FFTs" and then a list of
values in a table, I get goose-pimples. It is a testing nightmare, when
someone will have to go through all these combinations and test them. What's
even worse, is that the same seems to be required on the CNU side, and then
we have to confirm what happens when both sides of the link are operational.
I wonder whether we cannot try to narrow this list down to specific values
that actually make most sense (2-3 values at best),

The second thing that caught my attention is that there is no explanation
(right now) as to when CP is inserted, at what position within a frame (?),
in what order etc. I assume such text with respective figures explaining
that will be added at some point of time, correct ?

Finally, when I see values like 5.3125 expressed in us, I wonder whether it
does not make more sense to express them all in ns and avoid many decimal
places.

I understand that it is a beginning of a larger section, because right now
"This section describes how cyclic prefixes are inserted into the output of
the IDFT." does not really hold true J

Regards

Regards

Marek