Re: [STDS-802-3-EPOC] Timestamp presentation for PHY Link call

I mean "concepts were mixed..." sorry for the typo.
From: Dai, Eugene (CCI-Atlanta) [Eugene.Dai@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 10:56 AM
To: STDS-802-3-EPOC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [STDS-802-3-EPOC] Timestamp presentation for PHY Link call

I think that concerts were mixed in this timestamp discussions/proposal. The PHY layer OFDM symbol synchronization /lineup has been mixed with CNU ranging.

“During initiation of the link and ranging, before the link is setup, the CLT must allocate transmission opportunities for the joining CNU.” This statement is true, but ranging process is controlled by EPON protocol, ie., MPCP. Timestamps are already there for synchronization of CLT with CNUs. Why need another layer of timestamp for ranging?

Eugene