[STDS-802-3-EPOC] presentations and daily logistics for interim meeting next week in York, England.

Dear IEEE P802.3bn EPoC PHY Task Force Participants,

Shown below is the presentation requests I have received for the upcoming interim meeting in York, England for next week.  Please let me know of any changes or any requests that I may have missed.

Please refer to: http://www.ieee802.org/3/interims/index.html as usual for interim meeting information as well as the daily schedule.

A few things about agenda and logistics:

*         The number of presentations is lighter than previous meetings.  Our allotted time therefore permits some more discussion time than we had at the last meeting.  We do need to talk about work plan and timeline as a priority during the closing business part of this meeting as we didn't have time at the last meeting.

*         There is a hard stop of 5:30 PM on Tuesday.  This will permit sufficient break before the NGEPON evening meeting.

*         There is a social on Wednesday evening.  I don't have the exact time yet, so we'll stop around 5:30 PM or so

*         Your registration fee includes lunch.  Lunch will be served from 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM each day.

*         Given the above, it is looking like both Tuesday and Wednesday, 8 AM to 5:30 PM (ish), and Thursday AM.   I'm still working on the draft agenda with Steve.

*         A couple / few late presentation requests can likely be accommodated by the TF.

Presenter (sorted by first name, first author)

Affiliation(s)

Title

Track

Requested Time

BZ Shen

Broadcom

FEC Matrix Update

PHY

0:15

Christian Pietsch, Stefan Brueck (Steve Shellhammer*)

Qualcomm

Performance analysis of EPoC FEC for passive coax plants

PHY

0:30

Duane Remein

Huawei

EPoC PHY Link

PHY Link

0:45

Duane Remein

Huawei

PHY Discovery

PHY Link

0:40

Haleema Mehmood

Huawei, Stanford University

Cable Channel and Noise Characteristics- Simulation and Impact on Bit-loading

PHY

0:30

Marek Hajduczenia

ZTE

Clause 101 status update

Main

0:10

Marek Hajduczenia

ZTE

FEC writeup

Main

0:30

Marek Hajduczenia

ZTE

PLC concept alternative

PHY Link

0:30

Mark Laubach

Broadcom

Work Plan / Checklist

PHY

1:00

Naoki Agata, Keiji Tanaka

KDDI

The feasibility study on higher frequency band for EPoC downsteam

RF Spectrum

0:20

Rich Prodan, BZ Shen, Mark Laubach

Broadcom

Encoding/Decoding Scheme to Achieve Standard Compliant Mean Time to False Packet Acceptance

PHY

0:30

Rich Prodcan, BZ Shen

Broadcom

Evaluation of Proposed FEC Codes for EPoC

PHY

0:45

Steve Shellhammer, Andrea Garavaglia

Qualcomm

Data Detector for TDD Downstream

TDD / PHY

0:30

Steve Shellhammer, Andrea Garavaglia

Qualcomm

Background on EPON Data Detector

TDD / PHY

0:20

Syed Rahman, Fanglin Sun

Huawei

Update on Burst Marker detection in EPoC

PHY

0:30

Avi Kliger, Mark Laubach (*)

Broadcom

Downstream PHY High Level Block Diagram - Starting Point

PHY

0:15

Please note, I will be traveling starting early Wednesday, 28 August.  I'll be off email until Thursday PM, York time.

Yours truly,
Mark Laubach, Chair
IEEE P802.3bn EPoC PHY Task Force

Broadband Communications Group