[STDS-802-3-EPOC] Proposed changes in outline in Clause 101

Dear colleagues,

I will be submitting a comment on D0.2 to implement a few changes in the
outline of Clause 101. Specifically, I suggest that we pull out LDPC-related
definitions from deep within the transmit path definition (current subclause
101.3.2.3) into a level 3 heading.

The current outline is as follows:

101.3.1 Overview

101.3.2 PCS transmit function

101.3.3 PCS receive function

I suggest to implement changes to make the outline look as follows:

101.3.1 Overview

101.3.2 Low-Density Parity-Check (LDPC) Forward Error Correction (FEC) codes

101.3.3 PCS transmit function

101.3.4 PCS receive function

The new subclause 101.3.2 will contain collected material covering LDPC
definition, matrices, as well as any additional references to annexes. In
this way, a reader will have better visibility into LDPC code definitions
that are not hidden too deep within the spec.

Note that I am also considering pulling CRC40 from current location in
101.3.2.3.6 to the same level 3 location, immediately after the LDPC code
definitions.

Attached please find a contribution with tracked changes demonstrating
modifications to draft D0.2 as outlined above. I would welcome any comments
on this topic. The proposed changes are editorial (moving text around)
rather than technical.

Regards

Marek Hajduczenia, PhD

Network Architect, Principal Engineer