Re: [STDS-802-3-EPOC] Proposed changes in outline in Clause 101

Duane,

I do not plan to include CRC40 in the section on FEC codes. I would have it
rather separate from FEC - these are separate items in terms of definition.
Who knows - perhaps CRC40 will be used for something else in the future and
I'd rather it stand on its own.

As for the diff outline - here it is for reference

Original outline:

101.3.1Overview 42

101.3.1.1 EPoc_PMD_Name PCS. 42

101.3.2PCS transmit function42

101.3.2.1 Idle control character deletion process  46

101.3.2.1.1Constants 46

101.3.2.1.2Variables  47

101.3.2.1.3Counters . 47

101.3.2.1.4Functions 48

101.3.2.1.5State diagrams 48

101.3.2.2 64B/66B Encode  52

101.3.2.3 FEC encoding process (FDD) 52

101.3.2.3.1LDPC matrix definition . 53

101.3.2.3.2LDPC encoding process within CLT (downstream) 53

101.3.2.3.3LDPC codeword transmission order within CLT (downstream). 57

101.3.2.3.4LDPC encoding process within CNU (upstream) 58

101.3.2.3.5LDPC codeword transmission order within CNU (upstream). 58

101.3.2.3.6CRC40 . 59

101.3.2.3.7State diagrams 59

101.3.2.4 Data Detector (TDD) . 62

101.3.2.4.1State Diagrams . 63

101.3.3PCS receive function .67

101.3.3.1 FEC decoding process . 67

101.3.3.1.1LDPC decoding process within CLT (upstream)  67

101.3.3.1.2LDPC decoding process within CNU (downstream). 67

101.3.3.1.3State diagrams 68

101.3.3.2 Codeword Error Monitor . 73

101.3.3.3 Descrambler / Interleaver. 73

101.3.3.4 64B/66B Decode 74

101.3.3.5 Idle control character insertion process . 75

101.3.3.5.1Constants 75

101.3.3.5.2Variables  76

101.3.3.5.3Functions 76

101.3.3.5.4Messages  76

101.3.3.5.5State diagrams 76

Updated outline  (changes marked in colours)

101.3.1 Overview 42

101.3.1.1 EPoc_PMD_Name PCS 42

101.3.2 Low-Density Parity-Check (LDPC) Forward Error Correction (FEC) codes

101.3.2.1 LDPC codes

101.3.2.2 LDPC matrix definition

101.3.3 PCS transmit function42

101.3.3.1 Idle control character deletion process 46

101.3.3.1.1 Constants 46

101.3.3.1.2 Variables 47

101.3.3.1.3 Counters 47

101.3.3.1.4 Functions 48

101.3.3.1.5 State diagrams 48

101.3.3.2 64B/66B Encode 52

101.3.3.3 FEC encoding process (FDD) 52

101.3.3.3.1 LDPC matrix definition 53

101.3.3.3.12 LDPC encoding process within CLT (downstream) 53

101.3.3.3.23 LDPC codeword transmission order within CLT (downstream) 57

101.3.3.3.34 LDPC encoding process within CNU (upstream) 58

101.3.3.3.45 LDPC codeword transmission order within CNU (upstream) 58

101.3.3.3.56 CRC40 59

101.3.3.3.67 State diagrams 59

101.3.3.4 Data Detector (TDD) 62

101.3.3.4.1 State Diagrams 63

101.3.4 PCS receive function 67

101.3.4.1 FEC decoding process 67

101.3.4.1.1 LDPC decoding process within CLT (upstream) 67

101.3.4.1.2 LDPC decoding process within CNU (downstream) 67

101.3.4.1.3 State diagrams 68

101.3.4.2 Codeword Error Monitor 73

101.3.4.3 Descrambler / Interleaver 73

101.3.4.4 64B/66B Decode 74

101.3.4.5 Idle control character insertion process 75

101.3.4.5.1 Constants 75

101.3.4.5.2 Variables 76

101.3.4.5.3 Functions 76

101.3.4.5.4 Messages 76