[STDS-802-3-EPOC] Contribution on CRC40

Dear colleagues,

Attached please find a contribution to subclause 101.3.2.3.6 for November
2013 meeting, focused on adding the missing details on CRC40 as discussed in
prodan_3bn_02a_0913.pdf
<http://www.ieee802.org/3/bn/public/sep13/prodan_3bn_02a_0913.pdf>   in
York, UK. I largely reused the text of definition of CRC8 from Clause 65
(used for calculating CRC8 for the modified preamble) and just massaged the
text here and there and added the figure to go with the definition.

I will be submitting this contribution through a comment on draft D0.2, and
not as a stand-alone contribution. I am attaching both the PDF product as
well as the editable version of the figure for your reference.

Your comments and suggested changes (if any) would be most welcome.

Marek Hajduczenia, PhD

Network Architect, Principal Engineer

Bright House Networks

Office +1-813-295-5644