From: Duane Remein
Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2013 3:27 PM
To: Marek Hajduczenia; STDS-802-3-EPOC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Duane Remein
Subject: RE: [STDS-802-3-EPOC] Contribution on Data Detector and FEC Encode for FDD CNU (upstream)

Marek,

The table references in this do not match those in the draft and are not marked as changed. Please fix this.
There appears to be a struck space before FEC Encode pg34 ln 45 that is needed.
I would suggest the following rewording on pg 34 ln 47;
Change from:
"... the redundant first bit (i.e., sync header bit <0>) in each 66-bit ..."
to:
"... the redundant sync header bit <0> in each 66-bit ..."
On pg 34 line 52 you have "(see )", You have a header for this section please provide the xref.
Pg 35 Ln4 would probably read better if you struck the first "resulting" in the 1st sentence in that para.
In the 2nd sentence of this same para you end with ", complementing it." Personally I have no idea what this is supposed to mean and it needs to wither be clarified to removed.
Pg 35 ln 13 you say "are then transferred towards PMA", this would be better stated as "are then transferred to the PMA" (also in line 14 & 16).
You also end this sentence with "one 65-bit block at a time". Which implies if someone does this two blocks (or any other number) it is not compliant. Please strike this as we really don't care about the number that are transferred at a time.
In Figure 101-1 There are some stray bits in the 65b block overlapping the FEC parity, I'm assuming these are the padding mentioned in the text but it is not clear. If my assumption is correct please add an indication that this is padding.
Pg 37 Ln 10 Constants - I don't see how these can be constants when you have 3 or four FEC codewords to choose from. At some point before encoding you will need to decide which FEC is to be used and at that point you need to "set" these constants, Hence in the math I was taught they are variables. This may be too big to fix completely in this submission but we will need to address this. I suggest moving these to the Variables sub-clause with an editor's note that we need a state diagram to set these when a FEC encoding is selected.
Pg 38 ln 13 SH_CTRL & SH_DATA are listed as constants in CL 76 here you have them as variables. We probably need a new name for these if they are variables.
Pg 38 ln 29 another "towards" that should be "to".
Pg 38 ln 34 I don't see a definition of ARRAY_IN, please add.

Best Regards,
Duane

FutureWei Technologies Inc.
duane.remein@xxxxxxxxxx