From: Marek Hajduczenia [mailto:marek.hajduczenia@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2013 9:52 AM
To: STDS-802-3-EPOC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [STDS-802-3-EPOC] Contribution on Data Detector and FEC Encode for FDD CNU (upstream)

Dear colleagues,

Attached please find a contribution addressing the Data Detector and FEC Encode functions for FDD CNU. There is also an initial contribution to the burst structure for FDD CNU. Note that it is a very rough draft and a lot of questions have not been yet addressed, especially related to the burst structure. Note also that the burst structure is presented from the PCS layer perspective, without going into the physical layer details such as pilots, exclusion bands, etc..

Furthermore, since I do not know what the group's feedback is, I did not prepare the ONU state diagram at this time. Before I spend time on this, I would like us to agree first on the overall burst structure and encoding process, which I can then take over and produce the state diagram on.

I will be submitting this contribution through a comment on draft D0.2, and not as a stand-alone contribution. I am attaching the PDF file and the Visio file ith the burst structure figure for your reference.

Your comments and suggested changes (if any) would be most welcome.

Marek Hajduczenia, PhD
Network Architect, Principal Engineer
Bright House Networks
Office +1-813-295-5644