Re: [STDS-802-3-EPOC] Updated Downstream CLT Transmitter PHY path block diagram

Yeah, we put it there as placeholder with anticipation of getting feedback/refinement on that.

From: Marek Hajduczenia [mailto:marek.hajduczenia@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 9:35 AM
To: STDS-802-3-EPOC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [STDS-802-3-EPOC] Updated Downstream CLT Transmitter PHY path block diagram

Hi Mark,

Changes look sweet - one small comment that I would have is about the Data Detector - in order to work correctly Data Detector has to be placed *before* FEC Encoder and not after it. Once data is encoded and we drop the first bit of sync header, it is much harder to figure out whether we're looking at data or control symbols. In 10G-EPON, Data Detector and FEC Encoder are essentially functionally combined into a single set of state diagrams. This is the logical I followed in my contributions on Encoder for CLT and CNU I shared via reflector last week.

Regards

Marek Hajduczenia, PhD
Network Architect, Principal Engineer
Bright House Networks