[STDS-802-3-EPOC] EPoC TDD spun off to new 802.3 project - starting the CFI process towards Study Group - Study Group chair needed

Dear IEEE P802.3bn Task Force Participants,

At last week's interim meeting, the Task Force passed Motion#3 to continue EPoC FDD work under the present project documents and to spin the TDD work off to a new 802.3 project.  The motion passed unanimously.   This motion also authorized me to work with the 802.3 Chair and the Working Group to initiate the process for obtaining Study Group approval for EPoC-TDD at the 2014 March closing plenary meeting.

This process begins with a Call For Interest (CFI) request that must be submitted to the 802.3 WG Chair no less than 35 days (2/10/14) before the meeting and subsequently announced no less than 30 days (2/15/14) before the next plenary meeting.   As any interested parties are potentially already part of the existing Task Force, the optional Tuesday night CFI consensus building presentation can likely be omitted from the process.  The CFI would be announced during the Monday afternoon opening plenary and the request to form a new Study Group motioned during the closing plenary on Thursday afternoon.  In order for me to move forward and submit a CFI request, the 802.3 WG Chair will need to know who is going to chair the new Study Group on or before 2/10/14.    As such, we are seeking an individual that would be interested in chairing the study group.   Please contact me directly with any questions.  Interested persons please contact both me and cc David Law (David_Law@xxxxxxxx<mailto:David_Law@xxxxxxxx>) via email.

Yours truly,

Mark Laubach, Chair

IEEE P802.3bn EPoC PHY Task Force

Broadband Communications Group