Sent from Windows Mail

From: Mark Laubach
Sent: ‎Thursday‎, ‎February‎ ‎27‎, ‎2014 ‎12‎:‎16‎ ‎PM
To: STDS-802-3-EPOC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear IEEE P802.3bn EPoC PHY Task Force participants,

Based on some a straw poll conducted in this past Work Item and Socialization conference call, the participants requested bringing this straw poll to the general Task Force for broader socialization.

Poll closes: 2014-03-03 18:00:00 (Monday 6PM, Pacific time)

Reference: http://www.ieee802.org/3/bn/public/wias/wias_conference_call_minutes_20140226.pdf

Topic: Handling of CRC-40 and Parity Bits in upstream FEC at end of burst

As a reminder, all straw polls are a non-binding sampling of opinion at any given time.  The topic of a straw poll may be continued to be socialized as part of the overall technical selection socialization process, including potentially re-running of the same question at a later date.   If you have additional input beyond the stated answers, please enter them using the optional Comment section on the poll page and/or send email to the EPoC reflector for socialization.

This is an announcement of a web-based poll to facilitate socialization on the question with the Task Force.  The “poll group” is open to all IEEE P802.3bn Task Force email reflector members as well as IEEE 802.3 working group members.  Access to this web service requires the same shared login and password used for  the P802.3bn Task Force home page Private Area.  Please do not forward these credentials to anyone.  Individuals who are a member of the poll group  may contact me directly for these credentials.  The results of this poll will be automatically tabulated after poll closing and sent to the P802.3bn email reflector.  The results will represent an unofficial non-binding summary as an aid to the Task Force consensus building process.

If you experience any problems with the tool, please email me directly.

Yours truly,

Mark Laubach, Chair

IEEE P802.3bn Task Force

Broadband Communications Group