[STDS-802-3-EPOC] Comment #1512

Dear Task Force,

Having missed the meeting in Beijing, PRC, I am left with only the record
of the discussion around individual comments, so I would like to apologize
if some critical element of the discussion and/or decision is missing.
However, I am not quite sure what the rationale for rejecting comment #1512
is.

[image: Inline images 1]
The figure in question (67-3) shows various existing EFM technologies,
without enforcing any specific implementation. I understand that some
believe that representing CCDN in a drawing not possible, though I would
like to submit that this drawing is only expected to present a variety of
EFM technologies, and not mandate specific CCDN implementation.
Furthermore, Clause 67 is intended to cover system-level consideration for
EFM technologies and leaving EPoC from drawings seems a tad extreme to me,
just because we cannot internally agree as to how to represent CCDN.

At this time, we have an outstanding Editorial Note around this figure, so
I would like to invite more educated coax experts to produce proper
revision of this figure and submit it to the scrutiny of the Task Force. I
do not believe we should leave this figure standing without an update to
present EPoC EFM option.

Regards

Marek