From: Avi Kliger [mailto:akliger@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2014 4:31 PM
To: Duane Remein; STDS-802-3-EPOC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Repeating Pilot pattern definition

Duane

DOCSIS has more flexibility in the pilot settings. If we decide on a single pattern over the entire bandwidth, your proposal for the start SC and repeat are OK. Otherwise we would  need more bits for the start SC. I am OK with deciding  on a single pattern, with a risk of some performance loss on extreme reflections.

I didn't see in your text a reference to type-2 before and after exclusions. Is this stated somewhere else?