From: Duane Remein [mailto:Duane.Remein@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, December 9, 2014 9:46 AM
To: STDS-802-3-EPOC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [STDS-802-3-EPOC] Delay through the PHY

In Cl 101 we have the following statement: "The actual delay is
implementation dependent but an implementation shall maintain a combined
delay variation through RS, PCS, and PMA sublayers of no more than TBD
time_quantum (see 64.2.2.1) so as not to interfere with the MPCP timing and
operation."

We have touched on this in a number of meetings but so far we have not had
any proposals on how to fix the delay through the PHY.

Would it be beneficial to discuss this in tomorrow's call?

Best Regards,

Duane

FutureWei Technologies Inc.

duane.remein@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:duane.remein@xxxxxxxxxx>