Call for presentations

All,

In the 802.3 Frame Expansion Ad Hoc meeting, held July 13th, Portland, OR, we captured a list of topics to research in our upcoming Fall 2004 interim meeting. I would like to solicit presentations related to Frame Expansion. For convenience, here is the list:

o Frame size limitations of:
  - Existing equipment - below MAC (elasticity buffers, block coding, delimiters)
  - Existing equipment - above MAC (FIFO, fabric)
  - Links with FEC (EPON)
o Rate compensation (WAN PHY, EFM Copper)
o Effect of increased overhead on performance, especially in aggregation
o Feasibility of reducing MTU of installed base of clients
o Use of IEEE 802.1AB for discovery
o Straw man frame format modifications

Please e-mail me the following information so that I can compile the agenda for the Fall interim:

- Title of presentation
- Name of person presenting
- Duration including Q&A

Kevin Daines