Call for presentations during September Interim

All,

This is a repeat (expect a couple more) call for presentations now that more folks have joined the reflector. I am working on the agenda for the 9/30-10/1 interim meeting, hosted by Nortel, in Ottawa. For those that didn't see it earlier, here is the link:

http://www.ieee802.org/3/interims/ottawa_04.html

Please make your travel plans now.

So far, I have presentations lined up for the following topics:

- LLDP overview
- Impact of increasing frame size to PAUSE flow control
- Impact of increasing frame size on aggregation and overhead
- Strawman frame format changes
- Inter-Frame (Packet) Spacing Stretch
- Frame size limitation of existing equipment (UNH IOL testing)

Still looking for volunteers for:
- Frame size limitations of:
  - Existing equipment - below MAC (elasticity buffers, block coding, delimiters)
  - Existing equipment - above MAC (FIFO, fabric)
  - Links with FEC (EPON)
- Rate compensation (EFM Copper)
- Feasibility of reducing MTU of installed base of clients

Please send me an e-mail with presentation title, presenter name, duration (including Q&A). Also, if you have any restrictions on day/time, please let me know.

Kevin Daines
Chair, 802.3 FESG