From: **** IEEE 802.3 Frame Expansion Study Group ****
[mailto:STDS-802-3-FE@listserv.ieee.org]On Behalf Of Kevin Daines
Sent: Wednesday, 10 November, 2004 4:42 PM
To: STDS-802-3-FE@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: [FE] Plans for San Antonio, etc

All,

Well, so far, no one has requested a presentation slot for San Antonio. We still need presentations on:

Research folllowing topics:
  Frame size limitations of:
    Existing equipment - below MAC (elasticity buffers, block coding, delimiters)
    Existing equipment - above MAC (FIFO, fabric)
    Links with FEC (EPON)

If you would like to present, please e-mail me this week.

However, in the event we do not have presentations, we'll still make progress at next week's meeting.

Our goals for San Antonio will be to:

1) Review approaches for modifying Clauses 3 and 4 and Annex 4A
2) Review possible timeline
3) Prepare motions for 802.3 closing plenary (Thu)
  - PAR
  - 5 Criteria
  - Objectives
4) Get approval from 802.3 to forward PAR and 5 criteria to 802 EC (for 11/19 meeting)
5) Get approval from 802.3 to forward PAR and 5 criteria to NESCOM (for December meeting)

The timeline discussion will include topics such as:
- Timeframe for issuing first Task Force draft (D1.0)
- Decision on maximum frame size (i.e., January or March)

Kevin Daines
Chair, 802.3 Frame Expansion Study Group